Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Week 4 in my year of 29

So it's back to the grind after a nice and relaxing weekend off. I had to get up extra early and take my shower as the guy was coming between 7:30-9:00am to fix the water heater. Hopefully he's been there by now, or at least gave an estimation of when he was arriving to my mother. You can never be so sure about these things!

I bought a new knitting book, which just gives me more ideas for projects to start. I'm really committed to finish the baby bunny blankie first, as that was my birthday resolution. I don't know what's wrong with me when it comes to knitting - maybe that is my ADD fix. I normally finish everything I start, and stick to it through the end, as that is something I value. Yet, I can't seem to finish a knitting project. I get bored with the repition of the whole thing. I like the part when I'm learning a new stich, or have to do something intricate for the pattern, but I don't like when I have to do something over and over again for a long period of time. Plus, I want my work to be neat and orderly, so I still have to pay attention to the tension of the yarn and my needle work when I'm constantly repeating rows knitting for inches at a time.

My director is out of the office today as she is still dealing with the squirrles in her attic. No, I'm not making this up. But I never knew that squirrles were destructive, as I just always see them hanging out in the backyard. But, good news for me, I get more time to work instead of meeting with her today.

This is week 4 in my year of 29. So what is new: joined a bowling league, interviewed for my master's program, reconnected with friends, started looking for activity partners online again, went through a few phases in the healing process, started working out and changing my eating habits, about to start the biggest loser team at work, and almost finished the baby blanket. Not too shabby!

1 comment:

tralatrala said...

I have knitters ADD as well. I wish I didn't!! I've found that I have to stick to small projects, and even then whether a project gets finished or not is questionable.