Monday, May 26, 2008

Memorial Weekend Ramblings...

I couldn't have asked for better weather this weekend if I planned it myself! Good work, God! However, the bluegrass festival wasn't as successful as I think they were hoping. I took a few pictures, but it was so empty that they look like a lonely carnival hanging out by itself.

But, I do think we can chalk this up as a practice year, and plan better next year. Mainly, not to make it on a holiday weekend, and secondly, to extend the music on Saturday night. We had people coming for a night of festivities at 7pm, and the music was over at 8pm.

It felt wonderful to be outside and enjoying the warm breeze. My friend Kelly offered the suggestion of using dryer sheets to avoid mosquitoes, which really worked well. However, I forgot the sunblock, and have spots of color where the umbrella wasn't covering me.

Mom and I scrubbed down the outside of the house and deck this weekend, and put the new deck furniture on it, which looks great. I'm a little nervous of one set of chairs that mom bought, as they recline in a weird way, and one has to ease into them. Practice makes perfect!

We went to Carson's Creekside for dinner tonight, which we enjoyed on their deck on the water. Lovely scenery and tasty strawberry mojitos! I have to keep that place in mind the next time I'm meeting people for dinner.

I ran into on my ex online last night. We caught up on what's been happening with each other, but I have to keep remembering that he's not my responsibility. I really miss having a significant other to share everything with. But, one day, my prince will come... or so the Cinderella movie told me.

No comments: